GardenAfrica promotes the conservation of wild plants and the production of diverse crops for nutrition and food security.
- We support food availability, access and utilisation by promoting diverse cultivation, processing and storage to achieve food and nutritional security.
- Our focus links to the management of HIV through nutrition, childhood nutrition, and responsible medicinal plant-use.
- We aim to support traditional healthcare practices where they are underpinned by scientific validation;
- We promote the sustainable use of locally available resources, including research and adaptation to improve nutrition.
- We support vulnerable people's efforts to use their resources more effectively and efficiently in order to build and sustain health.
Projects within our Health and Nutrition Programme seek the following outcomes:
- The application of agro-biodiversity improves availability, access and utilisation of nutritious food, resulting in improved and sustained human health.
- Communities and individuals have access to effective medicinal plants and information to build sustainable healthcare strategies.
- The links between public and environmental health and nutrition are advocated to improve healthcare delivery & outcomes.