We support the resilience of small scale, family farming and community gardening to build sustainable livelihoods.
- We work with botanical, social research and natural farming experts, to develop innovative and sustainable livelihood strategies.
- We provide training in sustainable agriculture to increase yields while reducing expenditure on costly inputs.
- We assist producers to develop and manage their savings and to select appropriate value chains.
- We facilitate value-chain relationships between producers and buyers.
Projects within our Plant-based Livelihoods Programme seek the following outcomes:
- Increased agricultural biodiversity which increases ecological, social and economic resilience in the face of shocks.
- Small-scale producers and family farmers have improved capacity to select value chains appropriate to their natural resource-base.
- Strengthened producer co-operation and agency that improves value chain efficiency, access to markets, and availability of credit.
- An enabling policy environment that improves market access for small-scale producers with the capacity to sustain livelihoods.